EP 09 - Give Yourself Permission to Pivot and Live Your Dreams Audaciously with Tamara KnightMar 10, 2021
Hey hey friends! Happy New Year! We are back with an incredible guest to start us off on an intentional, bold, and badass note this year!
Meet my dear friend and doer of many things, Tamara Knight, who has been a competitive athlete for 38 years (from the age of 11!). Initially as a cyclist, and then a long-distance runner, the bodybuilding bug bit her at age 19. Since then, Tamara has added decades of experience and a myriad of credentials to her resume, including the title of 2009 overall masters and open bodybuilding champion, as well as being a 5-time national athlete. Moreover, Tamara is a certified sports nutritionist, personal trainer, strength and conditioning coach, and exercise and rehab therapy coach.
Since 2006, Tamara has been a full-time sports coach through her own company and gym ‘Tzone Fitness’. Tamara coached 2 clients to the IFBB Pro ranks in 2018! In addition to all of this, Tamara promotes two Canadian Physique Alliance (CPA) events, is a loving mom to 2 boys and 4 dogs, and a ski addict. 5 months out of the year she can be found at her second home on Big White.
By now, you know we love talking about all things that aren't typically talked about. Tamara and I have an open, candid dialogue about what it takes to pivot and adapt whenever one is faced with adverse life circumstances or even simply living an unhappy, unfulfilling life. We address things such as marriage, motherhood, the choice to have kids on one's own time instead of society's clock.
Key takeaways from today's episode:
- Time waits for no one. Whether you do it or not, the time will pass anyway. So live with intention, with gratitude, with purpose. Apply that with everyone you meet, and in everything you do.
- Give yourself permission to go after your dreams. Go after that house, launch that business, travel as often as you like. Be with someone who sets your entire mind/body/soul on fire. Dare to live boldly, audaciously, and anyone who has a problem can kiss your curvy assets.
- Pivot as many times as you need to, as you want to. You know like the episode on F.R.I.E.N.D.S with Ross Gellar yelling "pivaaaaaht!" Life is not meant to be boring or lived in a static, stagnant manner. Give yourself to dream of Plan A, B, C, D, E... it's called multi-passionate... serial entrepreneurship... living all your dreams, 'cause why not?!
- Ditch the guilt trip - with food, love, exercise, rest... everything! You want to savor some chocolate, go for it! You wanna eat the carbs, go for it! You want to spend a day resting and lounging in bed, go for it! Guilting yourself into doing something will only make you feel more resentful, and sustainable lifestyle changes aren't built on guilt and deprivation, babe!
- Exercise your choices actively. Don't let society force you into making choices you're not yet ready to make - be that marriage, going to school, having children, changing careers etc. You have the freedom to make these choices. Trust that you will do so when the timing feels aligned, for YOU.
Share your 2021 intentions with me on Instagram and tag me at @lori.mork
PS. do me a solid and, share, share, share away! Subscribe + Rate + Leave us a review on Apple Podcasts as it helps us get in our message to more badass humans!